Skip to main content

Unholy Obsession by Stasia Black


After reading the first page, I was hooked. 

I'm a monster, but as so often happens with monsters, I've got everyone snowed into thinking I'm a good man from the outside. 

The priest's collar around my neck helps.

No one knows about the shattered glass and spilled blood. No one knows about the floggers and leather and the countless women I've put on their knees and ordered to call me Lord-

It's a very sexy story, with two deeply flawed characters who somehow make each other better.  

Moira is a sex addict and her life is spinning out of control. Bane took 180 from how he grew up and became a priest. His life is about to fall apart. He is still plagued by his father's upbringing and even though he did about everything to not turn out like him, he is plagued by it nonetheless. He is massively torn between what he knows is right and what he desires. And the thing he desires the most is Moira. But that lifestyle he so craves doesn't mesh well, with being a priest.

It's not the first in the series, so I felt a bit lost at the start. I want to love the book, but Moira made it almost impossible.. Even though a lot of her issues and behaviors were explained by the end, I still didn't like her character and had a hard time reading because of it. Bane on the other side, is deeply layered, troubled, and just the kind of guy, you end up obsessed with. The chemistry between them was off the charts. 

The story is fast-paced and to the point, but I did feel like it could be a lot shorter.

rating
❤❤❤
cover
❤❤❤❤


happy reading,
anie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i want you to want me: Adam by Mary Ann Marlowe (Most Wanted #1)

It has all the right elements that make up a great rock star romance, but this one fell flat for me. I like the chemistry between them and the setup, so the first third of the book, but the rest... didn't do much for me.  She is a biochemist, working for a company that is developing an experimental perfume. She has a stable-ish life but is not happy. Her brother on the other hand is running after his dream. She is with him one night, as he has a performance, and starts talking to a guy. He doesn't seem like much, but there is something very attractive about him.  They spend the night together. The next morning, when she talks to her girlfriend, she realizes who he is.  I had high hopes for the MCs, but I had trouble connecting with the FMC, she comes across as very judge-y and she looks down on others. Her actions made me dislike her very much.   Adam on the other hand I liked from the start. He seems to be struggling with all the things that come from a life in...

If I Am Right, and I Know I Am: Inge Lehmann, the Woman Who Discovered Earth’s Innermost Secret by Hanne Strager

  A fascinating read! The life of a scientist with a peculiar personality,  A fascinating view of the discovery of something new, through the eyes of the person behind it. I love the writing, a light with a dash of humor - I found myself unable to put the book down.  Highly recommend it! rating ❤❤❤❤ cover ❤❤❤ GoodReads || Amazon happy reading, anie

Semantic Error by J. Soori, Art by Angy

The cutest story! Sangwoo lives by the rules he set for himself. He has a schedule and routines he follows religiously. His whole day is in disarray if anything were to mess with those. He is a computer major at a university. At a group project, when none of the team mates managed to contribute to the presentation, he did it himself and cut all of the other names, making them essential fail the class.  One of those teammates was Jaeyoung, a design major who failed to graduate because of that class. It ruined his plans to continue his studies abroad and made him very, very angry.  Sangwoo is working on a video game and needs a designer. His current one no longer has time and has recommended someone else. When they meet up, it's none other than Jaeyoung.  He is very determined to get back at him, and disrupts his routine, just to make him mad. What makes Jaeyoung the most mad, is the fact that Sangwoo fails to remember him, even though they meet many times. They even end up...