Skip to main content

Malice by Heather Walter

rating

❤❤❤❤
❤
cover
❤❤❤❤❤

In a country obsessed with beauty, Graces are highly valued. Blessed with a light Fae's magic, after the war, they can make elixirs with a drop of their blood, until the magic runs out.

Alyce is considered a Dark Grace. She is a part Vila, a creature that is regarded as evil in Briar. She isn't strong enough to be killed, but strong enough to make potions. 

When she runs into a person trapped in a tower, she uncovers her true heritage and the depths of her power. 

Vila put a curse on the princesses of the Briar. If they don't kiss their true love by their 21st birthday, they die. 

But Aurora is not like other royals, she is determined and eager to change the country's rule and most importantly, she doesn't think that Alyce is the villain and honestly likes her.

It's a loose retelling of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale, but here the not-really-evil witch descendant falls for the princess.

It reads like a classic ya romance, but with a little twist. I love the writing, I was sucked into the story right from the start. it's so good!! 


happy reading,
anie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i want you to want me: Adam by Mary Ann Marlowe (Most Wanted #1)

It has all the right elements that make up a great rock star romance, but this one fell flat for me. I like the chemistry between them and the setup, so the first third of the book, but the rest... didn't do much for me.  She is a biochemist, working for a company that is developing an experimental perfume. She has a stable-ish life but is not happy. Her brother on the other hand is running after his dream. She is with him one night, as he has a performance, and starts talking to a guy. He doesn't seem like much, but there is something very attractive about him.  They spend the night together. The next morning, when she talks to her girlfriend, she realizes who he is.  I had high hopes for the MCs, but I had trouble connecting with the FMC, she comes across as very judge-y and she looks down on others. Her actions made me dislike her very much.   Adam on the other hand I liked from the start. He seems to be struggling with all the things that come from a life in...

If I Am Right, and I Know I Am: Inge Lehmann, the Woman Who Discovered Earth’s Innermost Secret by Hanne Strager

  A fascinating read! The life of a scientist with a peculiar personality,  A fascinating view of the discovery of something new, through the eyes of the person behind it. I love the writing, a light with a dash of humor - I found myself unable to put the book down.  Highly recommend it! rating ❤❤❤❤ cover ❤❤❤ GoodReads || Amazon happy reading, anie

Semantic Error by J. Soori, Art by Angy

The cutest story! Sangwoo lives by the rules he set for himself. He has a schedule and routines he follows religiously. His whole day is in disarray if anything were to mess with those. He is a computer major at a university. At a group project, when none of the team mates managed to contribute to the presentation, he did it himself and cut all of the other names, making them essential fail the class.  One of those teammates was Jaeyoung, a design major who failed to graduate because of that class. It ruined his plans to continue his studies abroad and made him very, very angry.  Sangwoo is working on a video game and needs a designer. His current one no longer has time and has recommended someone else. When they meet up, it's none other than Jaeyoung.  He is very determined to get back at him, and disrupts his routine, just to make him mad. What makes Jaeyoung the most mad, is the fact that Sangwoo fails to remember him, even though they meet many times. They even end up...