Skip to main content

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenni Han (Summer #1)

I never read To All The Boys I Loved Before, I must have missed the hype, but one thing is for sure, this author can write. Each sentence flows into another perfectly, the story becomes alive before your eyes and pretty soon you cannot help but fall in love with all of the characters, no matter how flawed they are, and root for the happy ending, that is ever elusive. 

I was swayed by the pretty cover and sucked in by the story. It's engaging and so vividly written. 

Belly and Steren come to the Cousins Beach House every summer. Their mothers are best friends and they bring their kind together each year. The boys have always been tight, but Belly always fell a bit to the wayside. Until the last few years. Not to mention she has a ginormous crush on the older boy, Conrad.

This was the first summer the boys noticed her. She spends her days with the boy next door and dreams about the one she can't have. 

The atmosphere is a bit different in the house than in previous years. The boys's mom spends most of the days sleeping, their dad is not coming and Conrad is full of angst and anger.

The story has an open ending, that keeps you wandering, family drama, and deal the tricky world of being a teen and dating and boys and all of the drama that that brings with it. 

Not sure about reading the rest of the series, but I surely loved this one.

Highly recommend it!
rating ❤❤❤
cover ❤❤❤


number of pages: 295
published: December 21, 2010

happy reading,
Anie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semantic Error by J. Soori, Art by Angy

The cutest story! Sangwoo lives by the rules he set for himself. He has a schedule and routines he follows religiously. His whole day is in disarray if anything were to mess with those. He is a computer major at a university. At a group project, when none of the team mates managed to contribute to the presentation, he did it himself and cut all of the other names, making them essential fail the class.  One of those teammates was Jaeyoung, a design major who failed to graduate because of that class. It ruined his plans to continue his studies abroad and made him very, very angry.  Sangwoo is working on a video game and needs a designer. His current one no longer has time and has recommended someone else. When they meet up, it's none other than Jaeyoung.  He is very determined to get back at him, and disrupts his routine, just to make him mad. What makes Jaeyoung the most mad, is the fact that Sangwoo fails to remember him, even though they meet many times. They even end up...

i want you to want me: Adam by Mary Ann Marlowe (Most Wanted #1)

It has all the right elements that make up a great rock star romance, but this one fell flat for me. I like the chemistry between them and the setup, so the first third of the book, but the rest... didn't do much for me.  She is a biochemist, working for a company that is developing an experimental perfume. She has a stable-ish life but is not happy. Her brother on the other hand is running after his dream. She is with him one night, as he has a performance, and starts talking to a guy. He doesn't seem like much, but there is something very attractive about him.  They spend the night together. The next morning, when she talks to her girlfriend, she realizes who he is.  I had high hopes for the MCs, but I had trouble connecting with the FMC, she comes across as very judge-y and she looks down on others. Her actions made me dislike her very much.   Adam on the other hand I liked from the start. He seems to be struggling with all the things that come from a life in...

Unholy Obsession by Stasia Black

After reading the first page, I was hooked.  I'm a monster, but as so often happens with monsters, I've got everyone snowed into thinking I'm a good man from the outside.  The priest's collar around my neck helps. No one knows about the shattered glass and spilled blood. No one knows about the floggers and leather and the countless women I've put on their knees and ordered to call me Lord- It's a very sexy story, with two deeply flawed characters who somehow make each other better.   Moira is a sex addict and her life is spinning out of control. Bane took 180 from how he grew up and became a priest. His life is about to fall apart. He is still plagued by his father's upbringing and even though he did about everything to not turn out like him, he is plagued by it nonetheless. He is massively torn between what he knows is right and what he desires. And the thing he desires the most is Moira. But that lifestyle he so craves doesn't mesh well, with being a p...