Skip to main content

Invocation by Aileen Erin (Days of Iron and Clay, #1) [booktour]

Samantha is trying very hard to be a normal teenager, but it's a hard thing to do for someone who is part demon part human. Dealing with demonic activities always put her in a mental hospital, so she tried very hard to stay away from it all, but when she heard the scream for help from the apartment downstairs she couldn't  stay away. 

Skip to a few years later, when she is employed in the supernatural community to deal with demon activities, she runs into the cute guy again, but he is the one who needs help now.

It's the first book in what I'm sure will be one hell of a series, of a part demon, a part human girl, fighting against demon invasion and trying not to get found by her father. 

Samantha grows much in the book and becomes stronger by the end. However my favorite part was the paranormal aspect of it, the demons, the portals, it's so cool! :)

I took the book with me everywhere and read it from start to finish in a few days. I couldn't stop reading, the intense pace, the action, the demons, the portals, the romance, it's all SO good.


❤❤❤❤
follow the tour here

book info
Published
March 19, 2024
number of pages
413



synopsis

From USA Today Bestselling Author Aileen Erin comes an all-new action-packed, romance-filled paranormal series.

There are three things I know without question.

One: demons are real.

Two: humans make awful mistakes that get them in demonic trouble more often than you’d think.

And three: I’m the only one who can help them.

I straddle the line between the mortal and spiritual realms every day. People might think they’re two different places, but they’re not. They lay on top of each other. It’s messy, and that’s why so many people need my help. Since I was little, I’ve been called all kinds of names—unusual, abnormal, even insane. Which is fitting, since they keep throwing me in to mental facilities. I’ve been in and out of them my entire life.

But no matter what people say, no matter what I’m risking, I will always help those in need.

Because there’s an endless war carrying on all around us, every minute of every day. One that can’t be seen by mortal eyes. But I can see it, the spiritual battle for mortal souls, and I’m working hard to make sure my father is on the losing side. He — Astaroth, Satan’s general— is why I can do this. He’s why I’m not normal. I can’t have friends, a life, or a boyfriend. I won’t be selfish enough to drag someone into this fight. But I’m not lonely. Not exactly. I have my mom. She’s my rock, my best friend, my partner. She helps me do what needs to be done, and she’s never afraid when it feels like I’m always afraid.

Because I hear my father whispering my name each night, his taunts echoing through the spiritual realm. He’s hunting me, and I know the day will come when I must face him again.

Every portal I open could be the one that finally pulls me back to Hell, and I wonder if I will brave enough, strong enough, good enough to fight him.

My name is Samantha Catherine Lopez, and I am Nephilim. This is my story.

**Fans of the Alpha Girls series will love this new series set in the same world, with a few familiar faces, but you DO NOT have to have read a single word of the Alpha Girls series to enjoy Samantha’s story.




happy reading,
anie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i want you to want me: Adam by Mary Ann Marlowe (Most Wanted #1)

It has all the right elements that make up a great rock star romance, but this one fell flat for me. I like the chemistry between them and the setup, so the first third of the book, but the rest... didn't do much for me.  She is a biochemist, working for a company that is developing an experimental perfume. She has a stable-ish life but is not happy. Her brother on the other hand is running after his dream. She is with him one night, as he has a performance, and starts talking to a guy. He doesn't seem like much, but there is something very attractive about him.  They spend the night together. The next morning, when she talks to her girlfriend, she realizes who he is.  I had high hopes for the MCs, but I had trouble connecting with the FMC, she comes across as very judge-y and she looks down on others. Her actions made me dislike her very much.   Adam on the other hand I liked from the start. He seems to be struggling with all the things that come from a life in...

Semantic Error by J. Soori, Art by Angy

The cutest story! Sangwoo lives by the rules he set for himself. He has a schedule and routines he follows religiously. His whole day is in disarray if anything were to mess with those. He is a computer major at a university. At a group project, when none of the team mates managed to contribute to the presentation, he did it himself and cut all of the other names, making them essential fail the class.  One of those teammates was Jaeyoung, a design major who failed to graduate because of that class. It ruined his plans to continue his studies abroad and made him very, very angry.  Sangwoo is working on a video game and needs a designer. His current one no longer has time and has recommended someone else. When they meet up, it's none other than Jaeyoung.  He is very determined to get back at him, and disrupts his routine, just to make him mad. What makes Jaeyoung the most mad, is the fact that Sangwoo fails to remember him, even though they meet many times. They even end up...

Unholy Obsession by Stasia Black

After reading the first page, I was hooked.  I'm a monster, but as so often happens with monsters, I've got everyone snowed into thinking I'm a good man from the outside.  The priest's collar around my neck helps. No one knows about the shattered glass and spilled blood. No one knows about the floggers and leather and the countless women I've put on their knees and ordered to call me Lord- It's a very sexy story, with two deeply flawed characters who somehow make each other better.   Moira is a sex addict and her life is spinning out of control. Bane took 180 from how he grew up and became a priest. His life is about to fall apart. He is still plagued by his father's upbringing and even though he did about everything to not turn out like him, he is plagued by it nonetheless. He is massively torn between what he knows is right and what he desires. And the thing he desires the most is Moira. But that lifestyle he so craves doesn't mesh well, with being a p...