Author: Andrea Pearson
Title: August Fortress
Series: Kilenya Chronicles Book 3
Genre: magic, fantasy
Published: November 1st 2017
Number of pages: 274
Goodreads: August Fortress
Amazon: August Fortress (Kilenya Chronicles Book 3)(affiliate link)
Received from Author
I almost DNF the book third way in. It was a bit different, than first two book and I had to take a break. I still came back to it, I wanted to know what happens next to Jacob :). The book picks up after first half and is back to awesomeness.
Jacob has to rescue Shiengols from August Fortress.
There is a lot changing in his life, Jacob grows up a lot in the story. His magical powers are developing and he has more on his plate every day.
There were some things I didn't like in it.
- Like his family. They seem to have very good relationship, but I had a feeling all through the book, that a lot gets pushed on him. He is suppose to do a lot and be a lot, like he has to do everything himself and I kind of felt bad for him.
- Also Aloren. What was that all about ? :)
Now to the things I loved:
- The world, it's expanding and it's getting more and more interesting.
- I also loved Jacob in this one. He is really becoming someone fit for a price and his powers are amazing. :)
- Character development. We get to know more about... everyone. It helps to connect with the story and places they go, to care more about them.